In order to activate your new eSIM, follow the following steps.
*Installing the eSIM will activate it, only do it before you want to use the eSIM.
We recommend installing it a day or two before traveling to your destination.
*If you are experiencing any problems with your eSIM, please use our troubleshooting wizard at: https://mobimatter.com/troubleshoot
- eSIM capable phone
- eSIM QR code (received by email or through the MobiMatter app/web)
- Good WiFi connection, preferably not a satellite connection (found on ships or airplanes) or free WiFis (like in airports or cafes) , as these might not work.
Installing the eSIM
- Go to Settings > Cellular / Mobile Data > Add an eSIM / Add Cellular Plan.
- Select Use QR Code
- Scan the QR code given to you.
- After scanning, click on "Activate eSIM", please note that this process may take a few minutes
- Done! When you want to start using the eSIM, see the "Start using the eSIM" section below.
Set up and start using the eSIM
- Find the newly added eSIM in the list, if you have a lot of eSIMs, it would be the last one on that list. In this example below it is noted as "Business", click and enable "Data Roaming"
- Click on Cellular Plan Label, and set a custom label for the plan. Enter your order number
- Go to Settings > Cellular (or Settings >Mobile Data)
- Click on Cellular / Mobile Data on top of the screen, then choose the eSIM you'd like to use as you named it in the steps before.